- September 1975 – Crowd of 32,247 come to support UH against Texas A&I for the stadium’s first season opener.
- April 1976 – The Hawaiians play Jacksonville in the very first professional football game.Soccer star Pele and New York Cosmos lure 21, 705 for victory over Team Japan.
- August 21, 1976 – The first NFL Exhibition Game featuring San Fran 49ers defeat San Diego Chargers 17-16 before a crowd of 36,364 fans.
- 1976 – The Honolulu Jaycees bring the 50th State Fair to the stadium.
- December 1976 – Kalapana and C & K end the year with a great concert.
- 1977 – Team Hawaii joins the North American Soccer League and makes Aloha Stadium it’s home.
- December 1978 – First sellout crowd of 48,767 watches eventual national champion University of Southern Cal beat UH 21-5.
- May 1979 – 18,348 fans come out to support UH’s Derek Tatsuno as he strikes out 12 in 11-1 UH victory over Nevada Las Vegas.
- Summer 1979 – The Aloha Flea Market opens and becomes the largest operation of its kind in the state. Highlighting Concerts: Chicago, Santana, Boston, C& K, The Beach Boys, Heart, Eagles
© 2023 All rights reserved